Lazy Sunday? Perfect day to eat raisin buns with some jam for breakfast or afternoon tea.
I like to use whole wheat for about 1/3 of the flour in the buns, however, you can also just use 100% all purpose wheat flour.
These buns taste best warm. Homemade buns will become dry faster than store brought buns, so remember to store them in an airtight container or plasticbag – and don’t store them for more than a day or two.
Vegan Raisin Buns
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 3 dl plantbased milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 400 g flour
- 150 g whole-wheat flour
- 150 g raisins
- A couple of tbsp plantbased milk for brushing
- Heat the milk till finger warm (it feels neither too warm nor too cold when you stick your littlefinger in it)
- In a large bowl, combine milk and yeast and stir till the yeast has dissolved
- Add sugar, salt, and non-whole wheat flour to the dough and stir
- Add the raisins and the rest of the flour
- Sprinkle the kitchen table with a bit of flour and knead the dough on the table
- Put the dough back in the bowl and cover it with a dishtowel
- Let the dough rise for about 1 hour on the kitchen table or during the night in the fridge
- Roll 10 balls of the dough and put them on pieces of baking paper
- Cover the buns with dish towels and let them rise for 30 min
- Brush the buns with plant based milk and bake them for 15-20 min in an oven at 200°C