This is an attempt at a healthier carrot cake, perfect for your New Years Resolutions! The cake consists of sweet potatoes and bananas instead of sugar, which give a hint of sweetness without being as sweet as granulated sugar. The cake unfortunately still contains a lot of butter, which would be nice to eliminate in a later version!
The sweet potatoes and carrots are fried on a pan in order to remove some of the moist in order to avoid a sticky cake, which never becomes fully baked.
The cake reminds a little of a banana bread or a loaf. It might therefore also be enjoyed in slices with some butter on top.
Carrot Cake with No Added Sugar
- Bread loaf pan
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 banana about 50 g
- 4 tsp cinnamon grounded
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 300 g carrots
- 4 tsp fresh ginger freshly garnished
- 200 g sweet potatoes
- 200 g butter
- 350 g flour
- 2 dl raisins about 130 g
- Beat eggs together in a bowl
- Whisk cinnamon, baking powder and salt with the eggs till there are no lumps
- Smash banana and put it in the dough
- Grate the carrots roughly and fry on a pan for about 10 min, add to bowl
- Grate the ginger finely and pour into the dough
- Peel and grate the sweet potatoes finely
- Put the sweet potatoes in a pan and fry them on a pan at low heat for about 20 min until some of the moisture has evaporated and the potatoes has shrunk about 1/4 in size
- Melt the butter with the sweet potatoes
- Add flour and sweet potato butter to the dough and stir till the dough is even
- Add the raisins and stir till the dough is even
- Pour the dough into a greased bread loaf pan and bake it in the middle of the oven at 175° C for 50 min – 1 hour
4 thoughts on “Carrot Cake with No Added Sugar”
Long time supporter, and thought I’d drop a comment.
Your wordpress site is very sleek – hope you don’t mind
me asking what theme you’re using? (and don’t mind if I steal it?
I just launched my site –also built in wordpress like yours– but the theme
slows (!) the site down quite a bit.
In case you have a minute, you can find it by searching for “royal cbd” on Google (would appreciate any
feedback) – it’s still in the works.
Keep up the good work– and hope you all take care of yourself during the
Thank you very much for the support and kind words!
The theme is called “Travel Minimalist Blogger” By ThemeEverest, version: 1.0.4
Steal (the theme) away 😛
Oh, that’s very exciting! Your webpage looks very professional, I really like the consistency regarding colors and icons.
Thank you very much! Hope you and your family is doing well during these times as well