Another ice cream recipe! This time with passion fruit. Passion fruit has quite a faint taste. It therefore tasts very nice in combination with other flavors of ice cream, e.g. other fruits or vanilla. This is also the reason why it takes a large amount of passion fruits to make one liter of ice cream.
The ice cream can also be made without an ice cream maker, then you’ll just have to put the mixture in the freezer and stir once in a while to make give it it’s airy texture.
Passionfruit Ice Cream
- Ice cream maker
- 1 dl sugar
- 2 dl whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 dl heavy whipping cream
- 20 passion fruits
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and add the sugar. Whisk once in a while till the sugar has dissolved
- Add the egg yolk, while whisking. Add the heavy whipping cream as well. Keep whisking till the mixture hits 76 degrees C. Remove from heat
- Cut the passion fruits in half and scoop the seeds and pulp into a blender
- Blend the passion fruits and pour them through a strainer into the saucepan (where the rest of the ingredients are)
- Wait till the mixture in the saucepan is at room temperature again
- Transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker and freeze according to the instructions for the ice cream machine
- Transfer the ice cream to a airtight box and put it in the freezer for at leased 20 min before serving to make sure that it is frozen