It’s first advent today. I’ll be celebrating eating these delicious vegan snowballs. They are super easy and fast to make, too.
You can buy these snowballs in the supermarkets in Denmark during Christmas. However, I find that they are much more delicious when homemade (probably because I use more marcipan and less sugar than the store brought ones).
In the pictures, the snowballs are rolled in coconut flour, which gives them a light coconut flavor, which is quite delicious. However, you can also choose to roll them in icing sugar so that they just get a little sweeter.
- 100 g marzipan
- 50 g dark vegan chocolate
- 25 g coconut flour or powdered sugar
- Roll the marcipan into 10 balls
- Pour the sugar or coconut flour on a plate
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath
- Dip one ball in chocolate using a toothpick
- Roll the ball in coconut flour or sugar
- Let the ball dry on a piece of baking paper
- Repeat step 4-6 for the other balls as well