Ever bought too many mangos? Or bought cheap mangos on the farmers market because they were at the edge of expiring? This recipe is easy and perfect for such scenarios!
The puree is so delouse in a Gin Hass, on breakfast (e.g. oat meal), or on top of ice cream.
- 1 jam jar
- 3 mangos
- 2 dl sugar
- 5 dl water
- 1 tsp atamon
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a pot till the sugar has dissolved
- Rinse the mangos and remove the peel and the stone and chop it (there should be about 1 kg of mango)
- Add the mango to the sugar-water and let it boil for about 30 min till they are tender
- Pour the mango and water in the pot in a blender and blend till it looks like puree
- Rinse the jar with a spoon full of atamon and pour the mango puree into the jar
- Store in a cool place or in the fridge