This is a very quick and delicious dessert, easy to make with only 4 ingredients! It perfect for everyone with a New Year’s resolution to be healthier, since it mainly consists of hazelnuts and only has one spoonful of honey or sugar as a sweetener. The hazelnuts are blended to a peanut butter looking consistency (see picture below).
You can choose to eat a lot of fruit (which is recommended, as it has a heavy taste) to make it a little healthier. I like both serving fruits with a bit of texture, like passion fruit or pomegranate, as well as sweeter fruits like strawberry or blueberry.
The cocoa can give a slightly bitter aftertaste, if you want a sweeter mousse you can use 80 g dark (minimum 65% coca), melted chocolate instead.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 150 g hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coca powder
- 9 tbsp coconut milk about 3/4 dl
- 1 tbsp honey or sugar
- Fruit on top e.g. pomegranate
- Toast the hazelnuts in the oven at 175° C for 10 min until the shells have darkened
- Wrap the hazelnuts in a towel and rub till the shells of the hazelnuts has fallen off the nuts
- Blend the hazelnuts until they turn into butter (this might take some time)
- Whisk the hazelnuts with the other ingredients till it has become a uniform mass
- Pour the mousse into small glasses
- Let the mousse sit for 30 min in the fridge before serving
- Garnish the mousses with fruit