Another deliciouse recipe on ice cream. This time with strawberry. Which is perfect now that the Danish strawberries soon will be in season!
The amount of strawberries you’ll need for this recipe might vary depending on how intense your strawberries taste. So, remember to taste the ice cream before freezing it!
If you prefer an ice cream with small pieces of strawberry then you should mash them with a fork instead of blending them.
The ice cream can also be made without an ice cream maker, then you’ll just have to put the mixture in the freezer and stir once in a while to make give it it’s airy texture.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 600 g strawberry fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ dl whole milk
- 1 dl sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 ½ dl heavy whipping cream
- Blend strawberries, lemon juice, and vanilla in a blender
- Heat whole milk and sugar in a saucepan til the sugar has dissolved
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and add the sugar. Whisk once in a while till the sugar has dissolved
- Add the egg yolk, while whisking. Add the heavy whipping cream as well. Keep whisking till the mixture hits 76 degrees C. Remove from heat
- Mix strawberries and milk
- Transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker and freeze according to the ice cream machine's manufacturer's instructions
- Transfer the ice cream to a airtight box and put it in the freezer for at leased 20 min before serving to make sure that it is frozen