Peanutbutter cookies are one of my favorite type of cookie. And I have therefore made a vegan version of my favorit recipe for them. They taste just as good as “regular” cookies. However, they might be a little more dry when you don’t use eggs, so make sure to accompanying them with a beverage!
It is always a journey to make sure that the cookie has the right consistency – I prefer my cookies soft and chewy. This is why I recommend that you only bake them for about 10 min. However, if you want a more crunchy cookie, then I think 12-15 min is better.
Vegan Peanutbutter Cookies
- 6 tbsp flaxseed
- 13 tbsp water
- 120 g sugar
- 170 g brown sugar
- 170 g vegan butter
- 250 g peanutbutter which is also about 2.5 dl
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 300 g flour
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- 150 g vegan white chocolate
- Blend flax seeds and soak them in water for 5 min
- Whisk together flaxseed and sugar in a bowl to a fluffy mass
- Chop the butter (do not melt it, since it will ruin the texture of the cookies) and add it to the fluffy mass. Whisk (preferably with an electric beater) thoroughly. If you take a spoon and taste it, you should not be able to taste clumps of butter (but you might still be able to see them)
- Add the peanutbutter and vanilla to the dough.
- Mix baking powder, salt, flour, and coconut
- Combine the flour-mixture and the sugar-mixture till it has an even consistency
- Chop the white chocolate and add it to the dough
- Form balls at the size of tennis balls and put them on a sheet of baking paper on a baking pan. Sqezze the balls flat either with your hand or a table spoon with some flour on the back of it (so that it doesn't stick to the cookies)
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 10-12 min