Plums have appeared on the plum tree in my parents garden for the first time in 15 years. And it must of course be celebrated by making some plum jam!
I’ve only tried making this with yellow plums, so if you use other types of plums you might need to adjust the amount of sugar.
I currently have a bit of a penchant for lavender and I therefore put a bit of this in the jam while it was boiling. Not everyone likes this taste. So, lavender can easily be omitted or removed from the jam after a short time, so the taste does not become too strong.
In addition, we also had a lot of rhubarb in the kitchen, so I’ve also made a variation with rhubarb – just add 250 g of rhubarb and 50 g of sugar and omit the lemon.
- 1 L jam jar
- 1 kg (yellow) plums
- ½ organic lemon
- 3 stalks of lavender flower
- 250 g sugar
- Rinse the plums and cut them in halfs and remove the stones
- Grate the peel of the lemon and squeeze the juice of the lemon
- Combine the plums, lemon zest, lemon juice, lavender flower, and sugar in a pot and turn up the heat on the hob
- Let the jam cook for 20 minutes without a lid (taste once in a while and remove the lavender if/when you like the taste)
- Allow the jam to cool (remember to remove the lavender) and pour the jam into a glass