Is there anything better than sitting inside with a cookie, some hot chocolate or tea and a book, when autumn has brought cold weather and wind?
So, here’s a recipe on my second favorite type of cookie! Peanutbutter cookies with white chocolate (can be replaced by milk chocolate).
It is always a real journey to make sure that the cookie doesn’t turn out too sweet or too dry, since the peanutbutter has a very dry consistency. This is why I recommend that you only bake them for about 10 min, in order to keep them soft and chewy. As well as accompanying them with a beverage, since they will make you thirsty :p
- 2 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 170 g brown sugar
- 170 g butter
- 250 g (about 2.5 dl) peanutbutter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 300 g flour
- 75 g coconut, desiccated
- 150 g white chocolate
- Whisk together egg and sugar in a bowl to a fluffy mass
- Chop the butter (do not melt it, since it will ruin the texture of the cookies) and add it to the fluffy mass. Whisk (preferably with an electric beater) thoroughly. If you take a spoon and taste it, you should not be able to taste clumps of butter (but you might still be able to see them).
- Add the peanutbutter and vanilla to the dough.
- Add the baking powder and salt as well
- Mix baking powder, salt, flour, and coconut
- Combine the flour-mixture and the sugar-mixture till it has an even consistency
- Chop the white chocolate and add it to the dough
- Form balls at the size of tennis balls and put them on a sheet of baking paper on a baking pan. Sqezze the balls flat either with your hand or a table spoon with some flour on the back of it (so that it doesn't stick to the cookies)
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 10 min