The blackberry season is almost over, however, I did manage to pick a lot during the season. Some were used to make this delicious sorbet.
I apologize for the bad quality of the pictures, I think I have a bad habit of turning the ISO up too high.
I’ve been enjoying making all these different sorbets I hope you also thought it was fun to follow. It has been quite fun to take the pictures outdoors for this sorbet, too.
Vegan Blackberry Sorbet
- Ice cream maker
- 100 g chickpeas
- 5 dl water
- 7 dl blackberries
- 6 tbsp syrup
- Soak the chickpeas in plenty of water for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight
- Boil chickpeas and 5 dl water at high temperature under a lid until there is only ½ dl liquid left
- Allow the liquid to cool to room temperature (possibly in the refrigerator)
- Rinse the blackberry and blend them in a blender
- Put the blackberry in a strainer and use a spoon to squeeze the juice through the strainer
- Mix the blackberry juice and the syrup
- Transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker and freeze according to the instructions for the ice cream machine
- Use an electric whisk to whip chickpea water till it is a stiff foam (it takes about 10 min)
- Pour the chickpea foam into the ice cream machine about 10 minutes before the ice cream is done
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight box and put it in the freezer for at leased 20 min before serving to make sure that it is frozen